If you are reading this, chances are that you are bored and stuck inside the four walls of your house. Let me guess: you’ve run through all the interesting and best movies, and you find yourself pacing between the fridge and your room.
Well, you are not alone! That simply means you need to be involved. So, instead of getting lost in the news and social media, here are some fun activities that will keep you entertained.
- You can fill out a crossword puzzle. Don’t be shy to ask your family for help when you get stumped by a certain clue.
- You can create a scavenger hunt in the house. It is a game in which the organisers prepare a list defining specific items, which the participants seek to gather or complete all items on the list.
- Try to learn a new dance like the salsa or hip pop.
- Take time to rest from the weekly stress. With this, it can make a difference in how you cope with work and people around you.
- Set a timer and take a time to simply stare out a window. When your thoughts wander, simply bring them back to what you are seeing.
- Get a note pad and list out the things for which you are thankful from the previous day to week.
- If you are new at your work place, you can journal about the things you are learning and how you think you can improve yourself.
- Remember learning is a long term goal. So, you can try to enroll in an online class. Search for different websites where you can take free courses.
- Clean up the house. Don’t forget to involve the kids.
- If you are usually a text person, pick up the phone or video call a faraway friend. The extra connection can make you feel closer to them.
- You can catch up on old movies. Probably the ones you didn’t watch while growing up. This helps to bring back memories.
- Also, you can give yourself a gel manicure. A trip to the salon might be off the table but that doesn’t mean you have to compromise on looking after your nails.
- You can plan a “camp out” in the living room.
- Of course, you could also listen to songs.
These activities will keep you entertained no matter how stuck you are at home.